Social Media and Narrative Creator
Full-time position (Remote Position)
Familia: TQLM is a national transgender and queer Latinx LGBTQ rights, immigrant rights, and racial justice organization. Our mission is to achieve the collective liberation of the trans and queer Latinx community and our families by engaging in grassroots organizing, advocacy, and education.
Social media (70%):
- Posting engaging and culturally relevant content across digital platforms.
- Keeping track of our engagement online in order to develop strategy to grow our online reach.
- Managing online platforms such as: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
- Managing a social media calendar and reporting to the communications director.
- Ensuring the messaging and narrative is consistent throughout media platforms.
- Writing copy for social media posts while amplifying our narratives and values.
- Monitoring and understand social media metrics and analytics.
- Work with the communications team to create goals for social media engagement.
- Be able to perform rapid response work when the time calls for it.
- Sending regular emails to engage members via E-blasts.
- Managing and updating organization website as needed to maintain consistency and relevance of programs and campaigns.
- Supporting online events with tech, by coordinating Zoom and Streamyard live conversations with organizers and supporting groups.
- Creating tool kits for online promotion relevant to programs, campaigns, and actions.
- Have experience with digital media and social media management.
- Has demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and has a collaborative approach to our work and their teammates.
- Understands the importance of on the ground organizing and can channel this into online engagement to build membership base.
- Knows what racial justice is and can work with a diverse membership of trans and queer Latinx people, including Black and undocumented Latinxs.
- Can work independently and as part of a remote team in a fast-paced political environment.
- Can receive feedback and is willing to develop skills to achieve desired outcomes.
- Spanish and English written and verbal fluency is required.
- Have excellent writing and copy-editing skills.
- Has cultural competency and knows what’s happening politically to maintain relevance of online engagement.
- Knows how to use Zoom and Streamyard for live events or is open to using and learning online tech resources to host online fundraising events.
- Knows how to use design application software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Photoshop Express, Adobe Spark, Adobe Rush and video editing software.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary range is $45,000 – $50,000. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage.
Submit a resume, two reference contacts, and as well as an example of an impact you’ve made online, with engagement metrics, with the subject line “Social Media and Narrative Creator” to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day Friday, April 16.