1) Organizing Director
Full-time position (Remote Position)
Familia: TQLM is a national transgender and queer Latinx LGBTQ rights, immigrant rights, and racial justice organization. Our mission is to achieve the collective liberation of the trans and queer Latinx community and our families by engaging in grassroots organizing, advocacy, and education.
Position Summary: The Organizing Director will lead Familia: TQLM’s organizing and campaign work and is responsible for developing and implementing organizing campaigns, membership and base-building strategies, coalition building, and direct action organizing. The Organizing Director will work closely with key staff and members of the organization and will report directly to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and facilitates the development of campaigns and organizing, developing effective organizing plans and coordinating campaign activities and actions.
- Supervises staff.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements membership and base-building efforts and strategies including creating membership recruitment strategies, meeting individually with members and potential members, organizing, and conducting recurrent membership meetings, and troubleshooting members concerns.
- Serves as liaison with LGBTQ, immigrant rights, and racial justice advocacy groups.
- Maintains relationships and communicates regularly with existing key community partners and is responsible for building and managing new collaborations.
- Works with Executive Director to coordinate fundraising efforts.
- At least 3-5 years of community organizing experience and has demonstrated success in organizing and campaigns.
- Experience working and collaborating with trans & queer Latinx and immigrant communities.
- Experience with coalition building work at the local and national level.
- Bilingual English/Spanish fluency required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong leadership abilities with the ability to work in a team setting and successfully manage multiple responsibilities at once.
Salary & Benefits: Salary range is $60,000 – $65,000 competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skills. Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage.
To Apply: Submit a resume to Jorge Gutierrez at email@example.com.
2) Border Butterflies Organizer
Border Butterflies is a binational project anchored by Transgender Law Center, Familia: Trans Queer Liberation Movement, National Immigrant Justice Center, Arcoiris and other US and Mexican organizations. The project aims to support LGBTQ asylum seekers at the US-Mexico border with legal, humanitarian, post-detention, and organizing.
Position Summary: The project organizer will support project participants in the United States with sponsorships, post-detention work, leadership development, and organizing. And will work with organizational partners to further support project participants and represent the project. The project organizer will work closely with other project staff and consultants and will report to Familia: Trans Queer Liberation Movement.
- Create leadership development programing to train and develop the leadership of project participants
- Engage project participants in the End Trans Detention campaign and other organizing efforts
- Coordinate monthly meetings with organizational partners to support coordination of post-detention services
- Support with overall communications amongst project staff and consultants
- Support legal team with following up with project participants to get and share updates on their legal cases
- Communicate with sponsor to ensure participants arrive safely to their destination
- Connect participant with local resources and networks
- Answer calls from participants in the Unites States
- In case of emergency, support participants find housing if housing with sponsor does not work out
- At least 2-3 years of community organizing experience
- Experience working and collaborating with trans & queer migrant communities, in particular Black and Latinx communities
- Experience with coalition building work at the local and national levels
- Bilingual English and Spanish fluency required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and conflict resolution skills
- Strong leadership abilities with the ability to work in a team setting and successfully manage multiple responsibilities at once
Salary & Benefits:
Salary range is $40,000 – $50,000 competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skills. Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage.
To Apply: Submit resume to Jorge Gutierrez at firstname.lastname@example.org.